Placeholder canvas

Post-Decree Enforcement

Houston Post-Decree Enforcement

As if going through a divorce isn’t challenging enough, if one of the parties does not meet his or her obligations outlined in the divorce decree, the issues and disputes can continue well after the divorce is finalized. If this describes your situation, you need post-decree enforcement assistance from a knowledgeable Texas attorney.

At Carter Morris, LLP, our attorneys have extensive experience handling the challenges that can arise following a divorce. From our office in Houston, Texas, we represent clients throughout greater Houston and southeast Texas with their most challenging family law matters – including post-decree enforcement. If your ex-spouse is not complying with your divorce decree, call 713-626-3345 to discuss your rights and options with one of our skilled lawyers.

Post-Degree Enforcement: Custody, Support, and Property

A divorce decree is not just a legally-binding document, but a court order. You may require post-decree enforcement of your divorce decree if your ex-spouse fails to:

  • Comply with the custody arrangement or visitation schedule
  • Pay court-ordered child support or spousal support (maintenance)
  • Transfer assets or property as outlined in the property settlement

If your ex-spouse is not complying with your divorce decree, our Houston attorneys will vigorously protect your rights and enforce the original court order. Depending on your situation, you might consider trying mediation or negotiation to help you reach an agreement with your ex-spouse outside of the courtroom. If your post-decree enforcement case calls for aggressive action, however, you can rest assured that we are prepared to take your case to court.

If property or assets were omitted from your divorce decree, either intentionally or accidentally, we will assist you in petitioning the court to order the division of those undivided assets. Time is of the essence in these cases, so if you believe that an asset was omitted from your decree, it is important to contact us as soon as possible.

Contact Us

To discuss your case with a seasoned family law attorney, you may contact us online or call 713-626-3345.

Skip to content